Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The Spiderwick Chronicles--- Lucinda's Secret


Author:Tony DeTerLizzi
Book Level: 3.9 Pts.1

Posted By: Jesse G.

I read this book because it talks about 3 amazing kids finding a powerful field guide. It belonged to their Great-Grandfather who ran away and never came back. Now their on a journey to find him, but along the way they meet mischievous creatures. They have a rat-friend named Thimbletack and meet Green, no-Good Goblins, a Black , Goofy, weird-like Phooka, flying faeries, Nice, Girly-like sprites, and leaf-wearing Elves.
My Favorite Part was when Jared was caught in twigs by elves and he called (Simon) "Jared" to go look for the Guide and when the Elves promised that they will let "Simon"(Jared) go. Mallory and the real Simon went to go look for the guide and the real Jared said "You got to let me go! You said that you'll let Simon go . I'm Jared." It was a pretty clever plan. Read books 1-5 to see if they'll ever find their Great-Grandfather. Will they get out of this Goblin mess?Or will their luck run out? Read this magnificent book to find out.

1 comment:

Ms. Monson said...

I loved these books when I read them... I hope you continue to read them...