Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The Reptile Room


Author: Lemony Snicket
B.L.: 6.3 Pts.5

Posted by: Jayce C.

I read this because I thought this book would be full of mystery and adventure. It started out when Baudelaire Orphans go to live with their Uncle Monty. He is fixing to go to Peru to study other snakes and he hired an assistant to watch his snakes for him. But the Baudelaire Orphans noticed something about Uncle Monty's assistant, he is really the the Baudelaire rival Count Olaf. He is back to steall the Baudelaire Orphans, AGAIN.

My favorite part was when Count Olaf injects Uncle Monty with poison, then cuts two holes under his eyes to make it look like a snake bit him. then tries to take them to Peru and murder them. Read this book to see what happens next to the Baudelaire Orphans.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Jayce!

I really enjoyed reading your blog post on The Reptile Room, and I think it sounds fascinating. Personally, I'm terrified of snakes, so the thought of anyone even staging a death by a snake is enough to give me the heebie-jeebies. I chose to read your post because we share first names (only mine is spelled Jace), and I've found that there aren't very many of us out there; we have a fairly unique name. I'm one of the librarians at Haltom High School in Haltom City (north of Ft. Worth). Keep reading and posting great info! It'll be fun to see what else you read this year.